US Visas — Explained For — International Students

F-1 Visa

For those who are attending a university, college, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory, language training program, or other academic institution — usually for a degree — in the US.

Optional Practical Training

For those who want to temporarily work on an F-1 visa, international students can get authorization to work in an area related to their major after graduation.

J-1 Visa

For those who plan to be research scholars, professors, or exchange students participating in programs that promote cultural exchange.

M Visa

For those who want a student visa to attend a vocational or technical school such as an aviation academy.

H1B Visa

For non-immigrant international workers in a specialty job that want to work for a specified period of time in the US.

Return to our "Insurance Explained" section for more information and help