Get your video cameras ready and your creative juices flowing because now is your chance to earn $4,000!
Let’s be honest, writing, shooting and editing an amazing video about your travel experiences doesn’t happen overnight, but with a bit of hard work and a dash of creativity, your video submission could earn you the title of Grand Prize winner!
Here’s What You Need to know for your Shot at the Grand Prize:
InternationalStudent.com hosts a Travel Video Contest every year for students to let their imaginations run wild and become real life filmmakers, tasked with creating their own travel-themed videos. The rules are pretty straight forward: current international students need to create a video (less than 5 minutes long) about a trip that they want to take in the future, and students who have yet to study abroad should create a video about the experiences and knowledge they will gain as an international student.
Create a film to move us or inspire us – the choice is yours. After all, you are the filmmaker.
Here are Three Insider Tips to get you Started:
- Be Yourself – It sounds easy, right? The Travel Video Contest is all about telling a story as unique as you are, so let your personality shine throughout your video.
- Don’t Underestimate the Power of Editing – You only have 5 minutes to tell your story, so every second counts! After you’ve gotten most of your video finished, show it to a few friends or family members for their feedback. If your story lulls in places or if some pieces don’t quite fit, take it out! The contest rules state that there’s nothing wrong with your video being less than 5 minutes in length, it just can’t be over.
- Quality is Everything – This should come without saying, but the most emotionally driven video submission in the world won’t amount to much if we can’t hear the dialog. Feel free to shoot the video with any camera you would like, but it’s important that the quality of your video is up to par with past winners. Clear, crisp voices, visuals and music is key!
Dates to Remember:
- Submission Deadline: October 14, 2016
- Finalists Announced: The week of November 7, 2016
- Winners announced: November 18, 2016
May the best video win!