What could you do with an extra $4,000?
If you love traveling, the thrill of a new challenge, and the opportunity to win
a cash prize to help fund your education, we have the perfect contest for you. The 10th anniversary of the InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest has just launched, and they can’t wait to hear your stories as a current or aspiring international student!
The rules are simple: current international students are encouraged to create a short video describing a trip they would like to take in the future, and students who have yet to study outside of their home country should create a video describing their proposed study abroad trip. The more creative, original and genuine your submission, the more likely their panel of esteemed judges will be to choose your video as the grand prize winner!
Tips for Getting Started:
- Know Your Competition – Before filming your own masterpiece, take the opportunity to watch a handful of videos that have stolen our judge’s hearts in the past. This will give you an instant ‘leg up’ on the competition, and provide you with an idea of the quality and style of videos that your own creation will compete against.
- Think Outside of the Box – Other than the overall subject of your video, InternationalStudent.com is giving you the creative freedom to make your video as funny, serious, or completely outlandish as you are. Your submission could be a traditional live action flick, a kid friendly cartoon or even a black and white claymation flick; the sky is the limit!
- The Early Bird Gets the Worm … So Start Early – The deadline to submit your video (October 22nd) may seem light-years away, but remember that all of the hard work that goes on behind the scenes (creating a script, shooting, choosing music and editing your film) takes time.
- Read the Contest Rules – This may sound a bit obvious, but ensuring that you follow the contest guidelines is one of the first steps towards bringing home that grand prize!
To help inspire you to create the best video possible, remember that the Grand Prize winner will receive a cash prize of $4,000 and a blog on InternationalStudent.com to document their travels. Additionally, the Viewer’s Choice winner as well as the runner ups will all receive a cash price to help make their dreams of studying abroad become a reality.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Final Submission Deadline: October 22, 2015
- Finalists Announced: Week of November 10, 2015
- Winners Announced: November 20, 2015 – the last day of International Education Week
If you would like more information on the contest rules, judging panel, or past winners be sure to visit InternationalStudent.com for all of the details.