Beginning on May 1st, 2019, the Patriot Travel Standard and Platinum plans offer more comprehensive coverage at better rates.
For our Patriot Travel plan – Standard and Platinum levels, the plan now includes the following coverage:
- Coverage for Bedside Visit, Emergency Eye Examination, Pet Return, Small Pet Common Carrier Accidental Death, and Natural Disaster Evacuation has been added
- Coverage for Emergency Reunion, Political Evacuation and Repatriation, and Return of Minor Children has been increased to $100,000
- Personal Liability coverage has been increased to $25,000
- Coverage for Lost Checked Luggage has been increased to $500
- The Patriot Standard plan now offers policy maximum options ranging from $50,000 to $1,000,000, while the Patriot Platinum plan offers policy maximum options ranging from $2,000,000 to $8,000,000
- The option to add additional coverage for Adventure Sports, Enhanced Evacuation, and Enhanced Accidental Death and Dismemberment is available
New PPO Network in the United States
Of these changes, the most notable is that the plan now uses the UnitedHealthcare Network as the preferred provider organization when seeking treatment in the United States!
The UnitedHealthcare Network offers excellent plan recognition with over 7,700,000 contracted healthcare professionals and 6,600 hospitals! By going in-network, providers are typically able to direct bill the insurance company, meaning no upfront payments at the time of treatment.
You can find providers in your area that accept this network here:
About the Patriot Travel Plan
The Patriot Travel Medical plan is a great option for individuals and families who are traveling abroad and is designed to provide coverage for illnesses and injuries that happen unexpectedly. Both the Standard and Platinum levels of the plan now offer coverage for anyone who is traveling outside of their Country of Residence – no matter what their Country of Citizenship is!
The plan also includes travel benefits such as Emergency Evacuation, Repatriation of Remains, Identity Theft, Trip Interruption and more.
For a full list of the newly updated benefits of the Patriot Travel plan, please visit our benefits section.
If you would like to receive a free quote, click here:
If you have any questions about either plan, please do not hesitate to contact our team.