You are eligible for the plan if you are traveling outside of your home country as a full time international student and is at least 12 years old and under 65 years old.If inside the US, you are automatically eligible for this plan with a valid F1 status (including OPT) or J1 status. For other types of visas, you must be enrolled as a full time international student at a secondary school, college, or university.
The ISI Protect Plan does not cover routine vision or dental services, however it does offer limited coverage for dental accidents and emergency dental treatment for unexpected pain. Please see the plan benefits page for full details.
After the deductible and co-pay, coinsurance applies to your benefits, and this is the cost sharing between you and the insurance plan. This is typically referred to as a percentage that the plan will pay, for example if there is 80% coverage — the insurance plan will pay 80% and you will need to pay the remaining 20%.Outside the USA
After your deductible and co-pay, the insurance plan will cover 100% of your eligible expenses up to the policy maximum.Inside the USA The plan uses the MultiPlan Network inside the US. While you are welcome to choose the doctor, hospital, or clinic of your choice, you will pay less if you go inside the network since those providers have agreed to discounted rates. The coinsurance of this plan is as follows:
Yes, the plan provides the following home country coverage options:Incidental Home Country Coverage
For every three months of coverage, the ISI Protect Plan will provide you with 15 days of medical expense coverage for incidental trips back to your Home Country. Return to your Home Country must not be taken for the purpose of obtaining treatment of an Illness or Injury that began while traveling, and you must return to your host country to be eligible for this benefit. If the Insured Person remains in his/her Home Country for more than fourteen (15) days during an Incidental Trip Home, all coverage, including coverage of Eligible Medical Expenses, automatically terminates at 11:59pm Local Standard Time (location of Insured Person) on the 15th day.Benefit Period Medical Coverage A Benefit Period begins on the first day you receive a diagnosis or treatment of a covered Illness or Injury while outside your Home Country and lasts for 60 days. If you started a Benefit Period while this insurance was in effect, you are covered only for Medical expenses for the duration of the Benefit Period, regardless of whether you are at home or abroad.
You are free to visit any provider you wish with the ISI Protect plan; however, the plan does have an optional Preferred Provider Organization in the USA. In network providers will typically be able to direct bill the insurance company so you won’t have to pay for the services up front at the time of treatment. Direct billing is always up to the provider, so we suggest calling the provider before seeking treatment to be sure.
Claims are paid depending on where you are located and where you seek treatment:In-network while inside the USA
When you visit a provider that is part of the Preferred Provider Organization, your insurance bill is typically paid directly. You will need to complete a claim form and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.Out-of-network while inside the USA
When you visit a provider that is outside the network, you will need to pay for all services up front and then submit your bills and receipts, along with a claim form for reimbursement.Outside the USA
When visiting a provider around the world, please pay for the services up front and then submit a claim form for reimbursement.If you are hospitalized for an emergency or planned hospitalization you will need to call the 24 hour emergency assistance number located on the back of your insurance ID card and they will assist you further with settling the hospital bills.
This plan is underwritten by Lloyd's.