This blog has been updated to reflect the new insurance requirements for the University of North Florida for the 2019-2020 school year.
University of North Florida Insurance
Founded in 1969, The University of North Florida (UNF) is settled in Jacksonville, FL on 1,300 acres of land. While campus is minutes away from the beach, students have over 200 campus clubs they may choose to join and includes amenities like group fitness classes, a rock climbing wall, fine arts events, and much more. In addition, students have the option to take courses in a wide array of topics from business to education to athletic training!
UNF Health Insurance Requirements
Before you register for classes, the University of North Florida requires international students purchase health insurance. UNF gives international students the option to waive their school’s health insurance by finding a comparable plan and submitting a waiver form found here. The university asks that you allow one week for the waiver to process once you have submitted this waiver form. To meet UNF’s requirements, please review the following summary of what they require.
- Coverage for the following period:
- Spring 2020: January 6th – May 10th
- 80/20 coinsurance & $100 maximum deductible
- Inpatient & outpatient mental health coverage
- Maternity coverage
- Prescription medications
- Medical evacuation/repatriation of remains
- Pre-existing conditions coverage with 6 month waiting period maximum
- Provides continuous coverage with no lapse in the policy
Insurance Plan Options
Our Student Secure plan is available in four levels, and the Select and Elite levels will meet and exceed the requirements at the University of North Florida.
For international students between 18-24 years old for one year of coverage:
- Select – $1,066.52 per year
- Elite – $1,961.96 per year
If you have any questions about which plan is best for you, please feel free to contact our office.
Updated January 2, 2020