For Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Mortal Remains, this insurance does not cover:
- Suicide or attempt thereof by the Insured Person while sane or self destruction or any attempt thereof by the Insured Person while insane;
Injury sustained while the Insured Person is riding as a pilot, student pilot, operator or crew member, in or on, boarding or alighting, from any type of aircraft; as a passenger in any aircraft (a) not having a current and valid airworthy certificate and (b) not piloted by a person who holds a valid and current certificate of competency for piloting such aircraft;
- Declared or undeclared war or any act thereof; service in the military, naval or air service of any country;
Flying in any aircraft being used for or in connection with acrobatic or stunt flying, racing or endurance tests; rocket-propelled aircraft; crop dusting or seeding or spraying, fire fighting, exploration, pipe or power line inspection, any form of hunting or herding, aerial photography, banner towing or any experimental purpose; engaged in any flight which requires a special permit or waiver from the authority having jurisdiction over civil aviation, even though granted.
Benefits attributable to injury or illness during the first 30 days of coverage for persons who enroll in this plan while confined to a Hospital, a convalescent, nursing, or rest home or facility, or a home for the aged, a place mainly providing Custodial, Educational, or Rehabilitative Care, a hospice or a facility mainly used for the Treatment(s) of drug addicts or alcoholics at the time of enrollment. (Only applicable for Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains)
For Political Evacuation, this insurance does not cover: 1) Losses recoverable under any other insurance or through an employer; 2) Losses arising from or attributable to a) dishonest or criminal acts committed or attempted by the Insured, b) alleged violation of the laws of the Host Country, unless the Underwriter determines such allegations to be fraudulent, or c) failure to maintain required documents or visas; 3) Losses attributable to a ) debt, insolvency, commercial failure, or the repossession of any property, b) Insured's non-compliance with a contract or license or c) implementation of legally contributed exchange rates; 4) Losses due to liability assured by the Insured under any contract.
Baggage Delay / Baggage Delivery Exclusions:
The following exclusions apply to Baggage Delay / Baggage Delivery. We will not provide benefits for any loss or damage to:
- automobiles and automobile equipment;
- boats or other vehicles or conveyances;
- trailers, motors, motorcycles, or aircraft;
- bicycles (except when checked as Baggage with a Common Carrier);
- eye glasses, sunglasses or contact lenses;
- artificial teeth and dental bridges;
- hearing aids;
- prosthetic limbs;
- keys, money, stamps, securities and documents;
- art objects and musical instruments;
- consumables including medicines, perfumes, cosmetics, and perishables;
- professional or occupational equipment or property, whether or not electronic Business Equipment;
- telephones, computer or software; or
- property illegally acquired, kept, stored or transported.
The following exclusions apply to Baggage Delay / Baggage Delivery. Any loss caused by or resulting from the following is excluded:
- wear and tear or gradual deterioration;
- insects or vermin;
- inherent vice or damage while the article is actually being worked upon or processed;
- confiscation or expropriation by order of any government;
- radioactive contamination;
- war or any act of war whether declared or not;
- property shipped as freight or shipped prior to the Scheduled Departure Date.
- delay or loss of market value;
- indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind;
- theft or pilferage while left unattended in any vehicle if the vehicle is not property secured;
- electrical current including electric arching that damages or destroys electrical devises or appliances;
- mysterious disappearance
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Exclusions:
No Benefit shall be payable for Accidental Death and Dismemberment as the result of:
- Suicide or attempt thereof while sane or self-destruction or any attempt thereof while insane;
- Disease of any kind; Bacterial infections except pyogenic infection which shall occur through an accidental cut or wound;
- Hernia of any kind;
Injury sustained while You are riding as a pilot, student pilot, operator or crew member, in or on, boarding or alighting from, any type of aircraft;
Injury sustained while You are riding as a passenger in any aircraft (a) not having a current and valid Airworthy Certificate and (b) not piloted by a person who holds a valid and current certificate of competency for piloting such aircraft;
Any consequence, whether directly or indirectly, proximately or remotely occasioned by, contributed to by, or traceable to, or arising in connection with:(a) war, invasion, act of foreign enemy hostilities, warlike operations (whether war be declared or not), or civil war; (b) mutiny, riot, strike, military or popular uprising insurrection, rebellion, revolution, military or usurped power. (c) any act of any person acting on behalf of or in connection with any organization with activities directed towards the overthrow by force of the Government de jure or defacto or to the influencing of it by terrorism or violence; (d) martial law or state of siege or any events or causes which determine the proclamation or maintenance of martial law or state of siege (hereinafter for the purposes of this Exclusion called the “Occurrences”). Any consequence happening or arising during the existence of abnormal conditions (whether physical or otherwise), whether directly or indirectly, proximately or remotely occasioned by, or contributed to by, traceable to, or arising in connection with, any of the said Occurrences shall be deemed to be consequences for which the Underwriter shall not be liable under this Policy except to the extent that the Insured Person shall prove that such consequence happened independently of the existence of such abnormal conditions;
- Service in the military, naval or air service of any country;
- Flying in any aircraft being used for or in connection with acrobatic or stunt flying, racing or endurance tests;
- Flying in any rocket-propelled aircraft;
Flying in any aircraft being used for or in connection with crop dusting or seeding or spraying, fire fighting, exploration, pipe or power line inspection, any form of hunting or herding, aerial photography, banner towing or any experimental purpose;
- Flying in any aircraft which is engaged in any flight which requires a special permit or waiver from the authority having jurisdiction over civil aviation, even though granted;
- Sickness of any kind;
- Being under the influence of alcohol or having taken drugs or narcotics unless prescribed by a legally qualified Physician or surgeon;
- Injury occasioned or occurring while You are committing or attempting to commit a felony or to which a contributing cause was You being engaged in an illegal occupation;
- While riding or driving in any kind of competition;
- Pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage or abortion;
This plan does not insure against loss or damage (including death or injury) and any associated cost or expense resulting directly from the discharge, explosion or use of any device, weapon or material employing or involving nuclear fission, nuclear fusion or radioactive force, or chemical, biological, radiological or similar agents, whether in time of peace or war, and regardless of who commits the act.
The Medical Evacuation and Repatriation plan is available for purchase for international students and scholars with a valid student visa who are temporarily residing outside of their Home Country and engaged in full-time educational activities, who are under age 50.
However, there are specific location restrictions that apply when purchasing this plan.
If you are a resident of Iran, Syria, Gambia, Ghana, Nigeria, and Sierra Leon, you are not eligible to purchase this plan. You can instead purchase our Travel Medical Insurance plan, which includes coverage for both Repatriation of Remains and Medical Evacuation.
Individuals from Canada, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Australia, and Switzerland are eligible to purchase this plan, however, you are not able to purchase the plan if you are currently in your home country and cannot use your home country address. We would suggest you wait until you have arrived in the USA and use your address in the USA to apply for coverage.
Those residing in Maryland, New York, South Dakota, Washington or Colorado are not able to purchase this plan. Please contact us for further details.
Please note a hard copy of the ID card for this plan will not be mailed out. You will instead receive an electronic copy of your ID card via email upon purchase.