When your claims are processed, you have been receiving a copy of your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) attached by email from our customer support team, telling you how the claim was processed. Starting on 1st September 2014, you will no longer be receiving electronic copies of your EOB’s directly via email, but instead you can now immediately access them via a secure online self-service portal, MESA.
What is MESA?
MESA stands for Member Enrollment Self-Service Access and is a web portal used to access an individual's information concerning claims and explanation of benefits. Now, when a claim is processed, you will receive an email letting you know a new EOB is available for you to access and download. You simply log online to track claims and view how the claim was processed – with no delays or waiting!
What is an EOB?
An EOB is an explanation of how your plan benefits were applied to your claims, so in other words what your insurance has paid and has not paid. Through MESA you will be able to download your EOB's which will explain any amounts you still owe, what amounts have been paid and anything you need to action (such as completing a claim form). You can download our sample EOB that outlines and explains how to read this document:
What will change?
The main difference is that you will not receive physical copies of your EOB via email, and instead you will receive an email letting you know a new EOB is available. Plus, you can also access your account whenever you want to track and view your claims.
How can I access MESA?
To access MESA, please visit https://mesa.hccmis.com/
If you have not registered before, follow these instructions to setup your account:
- Click on the Sign Up Now link to Register
- Select "Member" for the type of user
- Enter your email address, then click "Continue"
- Enter Certificate Number (ID Number on your ID Card)
- Then enter your First Name, Last Name, and Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy), then click "Continue"
- Select the appropriate matching record, then click "Continue"
- Enter your requested Username, Password & Password Confirmation, Security Question, and Security Answer, then click "Continue"
- Complete the Electronic Authorization Signature and click Continue
- Click Go To Login Page
We recommend that you spend a few minutes viewing this short presentation which shows you how to access and register for MESA:
If you have any questions about registering or getting setup with MESA, please contact us.