University of New Mexico - CELAC
Albuquerque, NM

The Center for English Language and American Culture (CELAC) at UNM has selected the Student Secure health insurance plan(s) for all international students because they provide comprehensive coverage at affordable rates.

Students are encouraged to view the plan benefits, exclusions and frequently asked questions to familiarize themselves with how the plan(s) work and what they cover. Please follow these steps to purchase coverage:

  1. Read the policy information and select the plan that is best for you. Be sure you read what is covered and what is not by each plan.
  2. Select the Apply Online link to start the purchase process.
  3. If your program will end in SUMMER 2023, you are required to have insurance that ends AFTER July 29, 2023. If you are staying for the Fall semester, you need to have insurance until at LEAST December 16, 2023 and then extend your policy before it expires. If you are staying for the next semester, you need to make sure your policy covers you until the start of the next semester. If you allow the coverage to expire, your deductibles and waiting periods will start over.
  4. Once you have purchased coverage, you will need to download your visa letter in the Student Zone and email it to as proof of coverage.
  5. Students are responsible for having health insurance coverage for their ENTIRE stay in the U.S. You should never let your insurance policy expire as long as you remain in the U.S.!
Policy Max Deductible Brochure Price per month *
Buy Now Student Secure Smart $200,000 $50
per injury/illness (in-network)
Buy Now Student Secure Budget $500,000 $45
per injury/illness (in-network)
Buy Now Student Secure Select $600,000 $35
per injury/illness (in-network)
Buy Now Student Secure Elite $5,000,000 $25
per injury/illness (in-network)

* rates are based on students aged 24 and under unless otherwise noted.

Note: If you are from Iran, you are not eligible for this plan and will need to purchase the Safe Travels USA Comprehensive plan instead. If you hold dual citizen or if you are a US permanent resident (and are not an Iranian citizen), you can enroll in the Patriot Travel plan.

Contact Us

If you need help selecting a plan or enrolling in a policy, please contact our customer service team, and they would be happy to help.

International Student Insurance has gathered this information as a resource for international students, and this resource does not intend to imply a relationship between your school and our website or company. You should always double-check directly with your school and with our customer service team to ensure that our plans meets your school's international student insurance requirements.