Schengen Visa Insurance
Travel to the Schengen countries has been made easier with the Schengen Visa which allows travelers to enter through one country, and then freely travel within 26 countries in Europe without having to show their passport at each border crossing.
Who is this for?
The Schengen Visa is available to:
- Non-US citizens who are traveling for leisure or business for 90 days or less within a 180 day period.
- US citizens are not required to have a visa, but will be required to have a valid passport for 90 days after first arriving in the Schengen area.
The 26 European countries that belong to the Schengen area – they are:
Before the visa can be issued, applicants must show proof that they have adequate health insurance coverage that will meet the requirements of the Schengen Visa. Those requirements are:
- Minimum coverage shall be EUR €30 000 (equivalent to $50,000 USD)
- Cover must be valid within the Schengen region and for the full duration of stay
- Cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death
Please Note: Be sure to check with your consulate or embassy about any specific health insurance minimums they have, as these minimums can vary by member state.
To meet these insurance requirements, travelers will need to provide a letter from their insurance company that confirms that coverage meets the minimum level of coverage. The duration of coverage will need to match the period of travel stated on your visa.
If you are looking to apply for your Schengen Visa and need health insurance, we recommend the Atlas Travel plan, Student Secure plan or the Europe Travel plan. All policies provide coverage throughout the Schengen region and will meet the stated requirements above. You will also have access to your visa letter that you can show to the embassy or consulate that you have adequate health insurance coverage.
Learn more about each plan here:
|Europe Travel||Atlas Travel||Student Secure|
|Policy MaximumPolicy Max.||€40,000 to €6 Million||$50,000 to $2 Million||$200,000 to $1,000,000 max$200k to $1M max|
|DeductibleDed.||€0 up to €2,000||$0 up to $5,000||$25 up to $100|
|Currency||€ Euro priced||$ USD priced||$ USD priced|
|Premium||Starting at €0.54/ day||Starting at $0.79/ day||Starting at $0.79/ day|
|Learn more||Learn more||Learn more|
After reviewing all plans you may have questions about which plan is the best option for you, please contact our customer support team who will be more than happy to assist you.