Rockland Community College
The Student Health Advantage health insurance plan provides comprehensive coverage at reasonable rates.This plan can help protect yourself in the event you have an accident or illness during your time in the USA. Students must have coverage for the complete duration of their stay in the US.
Highlights of the Student Health Advantage plan include:
- COVID-19, covered same as any illness
- Up to $1,000,000 policy maximum
- Deductible as low as $25 per condition
- $5 co-pay at Student Health Center
- 100% Coinsurance in network
- Universal Rx Pharmacy Discount Card
- Worldwide coverage outside your home country
- Maternity coverage (Platinum level)
- Mental health coverage
- Organized sports coverage
- Direct payment in the UnitedHealthcare Network
- Pre-existing after 12 or 6 months
Need your documents now? If you need your insurance documents quickly, you can Buy your coverage and receive all your insurance documents online and to your email address in PDF format immediately. Simply download and print these documents for instant proof of coverage.
Student Health Advantage | Benefits
The Student Health advantage plan is available in two levels: Standard and Platinum. Please see the list of benefits below to compare the benefits specific to each plan level.
|Adventure Sports Rider (Available to insureds up to age 64)|
|Certain activities designated as adventure sports can be covered up to the maximums listed below if the optional rider is purchased. Certain activities are never covered, regardless of whether the Adventure Sports Rider is purchased. For a list of activities considered to be adventure sports, please contact us here.|
This website contains only a consolidated and summary description of all current Student Health Advantage benefits, conditions, limitations and exclusions. A certificate containing the complete Certificate Wording with all terms, conditions and exclusions will be included in the fulfillment kit. IMG reserves the right to issue the most current Certificate Wording for this insurance plan in the event this application and/or brochure has expired, is modified, or is replaced with a newer version. Please view the plan certificate (Standard | Platinum ) for the full benefits and limitations of the plan.
Student Health Advantage | Exclusions
Charges for the following services, treatments and/or conditions, among others, are excluded from coverage under Student Health Advantage.
- Charges resulting directly or indirectly from or relating to any Pre-existing Condition, (whether physical or mental, regardless of the cause of the condition) are excluded from coverage under this insurance until the Insured Person has maintained coverage under this insurance plan continuously for at least twelve (12) months on the Standard level or for at least six (6) months on the Platinum level.
- Congenital Diseases
- Treatment or surgeries which are elective, investigational, experimental or for research purposes.
- Preventative Care: Charges for Routine Physical Examinations and immunizations are excluded from coverage under this insurance
- Treatment of Temporomandibular Joint or dental treatment, except as expressly provided for in the certificate of insurance.
- War, military action, political insurrection, protest, or any act thereof.
- Any sexually transmitted or venereal disease, and any testing for the following when not medically necessary: HIV, seropositivity to the AIDS virus, AIDS related Illnesses, ARC Syndrome, AIDS Pre-natal, post-natal, and newborn care, unless related to a Covered Pregnancy, treatment for infertility or impotency, sterilization or reversal thereof, or abortion.
- Charges incurred for any treatment or supply that either promotes or prevents or attempts to promote or prevent conception, insemination (natural or otherwise) or birth, including but not limited to: artificial insemination; oral contraceptives; treatment for infertility or impotency; vasectomy, or reversal of vasectomy; sterilization; reversal of sterilization; surrogacy or abortion
- Charges incurred for eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids or hearing implants and charges for any Treatment, supply, examination or fitting related to these devices, or for eye refraction for any reason
- Charges incurred for eye surgery, such as but not limited to radial keratotomy, when the primary purpose is to correct or attempt to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism
- Charges incurred for Dental Treatment, except as specifically provided for hereunder
- Wear and tear of teeth due to cavities and chewing or biting down on hard objects, such as but not limited to pencils, ice cubes, nuts, popcorn, and hard candies
- Dental Treatment for services which provide oral care maintenance including tooth repair by fillings, root canals, tooth removal and x-rays
- Charges for Treatment of an Illness or Injury for which payment is made or available through a workers' compensation law or a similar law
- Charges for any Illness or Injury resulting from or occurring during the commission of a violation of law by the Insured Person, including, without limitation, the engaging in an illegal occupation or act, but excluding minor traffic violations
- Biofeedback, acupuncture, music, occupational, recreational, sleep, speech, or vocational therapy
- Any non-surgical Illness or Treatment of the feet, including without limitation: orthopedic shoes; orthopedic prescription devices to be attached to or placed in shoes; Treatment of weak, strained, flat, unstable or unbalanced feet; metatarsalgia, bone spurs, hammer toes or bunions; and any Treatment or supplies for corns, calluses or toenails
- Hair loss, including without limitation wigs, hair transplants or any drug that promises to promote hair growth, whether or not prescribed by a Physician
- Any sleep disorder, including without limitation sleep apnea
- Any Injury or Illness sustained as a result of being under the influence of or due wholly or partly to the effects of alcohol, liquor, intoxicating substance, narcotics or drugs other than drugs taken in accordance with Treatment prescribed and directed by a Physician but not for the Treatment of Substance Abuse
- Any Injury or Illness sustained while operating a moving vehicle after consumption of intoxicating liquor or drugs in excess of the applicable blood/alcohol legal limit, other than drugs taken in accordance with Treatment prescribed and directed by a Physician. For purposes of this exclusion, “vehicle” shall include motorized devices regardless of whether or not a driver or operator license is required (including watercraft and aircraft) and non-motorized bicycles and scooters for which no permit or license is required
- Any willfully Self-inflicted Injury or Illness
- Treatment while confined primarily to receive custodial care, educational or rehabilitative care
- Any organ or tissue or other transplant or related services, Treatment or supplies
- Any Illness or Injury sustained while taking part in, practicing or training for: Amateur Athletics (except as otherwise expressly provided for in this insurance); Professional Athletics; or athletic activities that are sponsored by any Governing Body or Authority including the National Collegiate Athletic Association, any other collegiate sanctioning or Governing Body or the International Olympic Committee
- Any Illness or Injury sustained while taking part in activities designated as Adventure Sports, which are limited to the following: abseiling; BMX; bobsledding; bungee jumping; canyoning; caving; hot air ballooning; jungle zip lining; parachuting; paragliding; parascending; rappelling; skydiving; spelunking; whitewater kayaking or whitewater rafting in water less than Class V difficulty; wildlife safaris; and windsurfing
- Any Illness or Injury sustained while taking part in activities designated as Extreme Sports, which include but are in no way limited to the following (and include any combination or derivative of the following): BASE jumping; cave diving; cliff diving; downhill mountain biking and racing; extreme skiing; freediving; free flying; free running; free skiing; freestyle scootering; gliding; heli-skiing; ice canoeing; ice climbing; kitesurfing; mixed martial arts; motocross; motorcycle racing; motor rally; mountaineering above elevation of 4500 meters from ground level; parkour; piloting a commercial or non-commercial aircraft; powerbocking; scuba diving or sub aqua pursuits below a depth of 30 meters; snowmobile racing; truck racing; whitewater kayaking or whitewater rafting Class V and higher difficulty; and wingsuit flying
- Any Illness or Injury sustained while taking part in snow skiing, snowboarding or snowmobiling where the Insured Person is in violation of applicable laws, rules or regulations of a ski resort, out of bounds or in unmarked or unpatrolled areas
- Any Illness or Injury sustained while participating in any sporting, recreational or adventure activity where such activity is undertaken against the advice or direction of any local authority or any qualified instructor or contrary to the rules, recommendations and procedures of a recognized governing body for the sport or activity
This is a summary of the plan exclusions, for a more complete list of exclusions please view the plan certificates here.
Student Health Advantage | Premiums
The Student Health Advantage plan provides coverage for international and study abroad students, as well as their dependents, around the world outside of their residence country. There are 2 levels of the plan to choose from -Standard and Platinum - that offer coverage:
- Worldwide including the USA — for international students needing coverage in the USA
- Worldwide excluding the USA — for study abroad and international students around the world
The rates below are monthly and are in USD. You can view the daily rates of the plan here. When purchasing the plan, you can pay in full for the number of days you need coverage, or you can choose to pay monthly. Please note there is a 4% administrative fee added to the below rates if you choose to pay with the monthly installment option.
Standard Plan Rates
Coverage Excluding the U.S.
Coverage Including the U.S.
Platinum Plan Rates
Coverage Excluding the U.S.
Coverage Including the U.S.