Kansas State University - Medical Evacuation & Repatriation Plan
Kansas State University requires that all J visa holders have emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of remains coverage in order to meet the US Department of State health insurance requirements. If you already have health insurance coverage but need just a standalone medical evacuation and repatriation, you can purchase this plan right online and get instant confirmation. To remain compliant with your visa, please be sure to have coverage for the full duration of your time in the US.
Highlights of the Med Evac & Repat plan include:
- $250,000 Emergency Medical Evacuation
- $25,000 Repatriation of Remains
- $10,000 Political Evacuation
- International Assistance Services Included
- Online Instant Application
- Documents Provided Immediately
Need your documents now? If you need your insurance documents quickly, you can Buy for coverage and receive all your insurance documents online and to your email address in PDF format immediately. Simply download and print these documents for instant proof of coverage.
Emergency Evacuation | Benefits
All Coverages and Plan Costs listed in this Evidence of Benefits are in U.S. Dollar amounts.
` Except as specifically indicated otherwise, all benefits are subject to Deductible and Coinsurance and are per Period of Coverage.
DESCRIPTION OF BENEFITS
Emergency Medical Evacuation
If you become sick or injured during the period of coverage and it has been determined that an Emergency Medical Evacuation is required to either the nearest medical facility, where appropriate medical treatment can be obtained, or to your Home Country, all eligible expenses incurred are covered up to the maximum stated in the Schedule of Benefits. An Emergency Medical Evacuation must be recommended by a legally licensed physician who certifies that the severity of the Injury or Sickness necessitates such Emergency Medical Evacuation, and agreed to by you or your representative.
Repatriation of Mortal Remains
If Injury or Sickness commencing during the Period of Coverage results in death, all reasonable expenses incurred for preparation and return of the remains to the Home Country are covered up to the maximum stated in the schedule of benefits.
If due to political or military events in a Host Country, a formal recommendation from the appropriate authorities is issued for the Insured to leave the Host Country or the Insured is expelled or declared persona non-grata by the Host Country, all reasonable expenses incurred for transportation to the nearest place of safety or for repatriation to the Insured's Home Country or country of residence are covered up to the maximum stated in the schedule of benefits. Evacuation must occur within ten (10) days of any such event. Coverage will apply to the most appropriate and economical means consistent under the circumstances with Your health & safety. Evacuation costs will be paid once per Insured per occurrence. In the event this benefit is needed, arrangements must be made by Seven Corners Assist.
The Political Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains Benefit will not pay, should the Insured not heed Travel Warnings or Travel Alerts issued by the State Department or the appropriate authorities recommending that travelers avoid a certain country or region-specific areas or locations within a country.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In the event that the Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Mortal Remains, Political Evacuation benefit is needed, arrangements must be made by the Assistance Service Provider. Complete details about required notification of the Assistance Service Provider are contained in the Program Summary.
Natural Disaster Benefit
The plan will cover up to the benefit stated in the Schedule of Benefits per day for five (5) days for the following expenses due to a Natural Disaster: Replacement accommodations in the event you are displaced from planned, paid accommodations due to evacuation from a forecasted Natural Disaster or following a Natural Disaster. You must provide receipt of proof of payment for the accommodations from which you were displaced.
Baggage Delay / Baggage Delivery
We will pay you, up to the maximum shown on the Schedule of Benefits, if your checked baggage is delayed or misdirected by a Common Carrier for more than 24 hours, while on a covered trip. If your checked baggage is delayed after you have reached your destination and the common carrier makes a charge for delivery, we will pay the reasonable cost up to the baggage delivery maximum benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits to deliver your checked baggage to your destination. A copy of the delivery invoice and verification of the delay or misdirection by the Common Carrier must be submitted with the claim. You must be a ticketed passenger on a Common Carrier. All claims must be verified by the Common Carrier who must certify the delay or misdirection and receipts for the purchase or replacement of necessary personal effects must accompany any claim.
Loss or Theft of Passport and Travel Documents
This plan will reimburse you up to the maximum set in the Schedule of Benefits for loss of passport or travel documents and assist you in attaining a new passport provided you have taken all reasonable measures to protect, save and/or recover your property at all times. The documents must be owned by and accompany you at all times with the exception of times when documents are checked with a Common Carrier, or locked in a hotel safe when available, or left out-of-sight in your locked hotel room.
At the time of claim, you must provide Proof of Loss provided by the Common Carrier or a police report from the jurisdiction where the theft occurred. The plan will pay for the cost of replacement of lost or stolen passport or travel documents up to the maximum set in the Schedule of Benefits.
This coverage is secondary to any coverage provided by a Common Carrier. You must file a formal claim with the Common Carrier and provide Seven Corners with copies of all claim forms and proof that the Common Carrier paid its normal reimbursement. If the replacement cost has already been received from the Common Carrier, Seven Corners Assist will provide assistance in the replacement process.For instances of theft, documentation of the theft must be submitted at the time of claim in the form of a report by the police or other local authority. This Benefit does not cover:
- Prescriptions for medication, stamps, stocks, bonds, gift certificates, cash, traveler’s checks, gift cards, any form of money or currency or promise of future assets.
- Costs incurred before departure or after you return home or any cost that is due to any errors or omissions on your travel documents or money exchange.
- Expenses for any missed travel or accommodation arrangements as a result of your passport being lost or stolen.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
This plan will cover you if you were to sustain an accidental injury while insured under the plan. The injury must occur during the period of coverage and death or dismemberment as a result of that accident must occur within three hundred and sixty-five days from the date of the accident.Benefits payable for any such loss shall be in accordance with the following table:
|Description of Loss||Percent of Principal Sum|
|Both Hands or Both Feet or Sight of Both Eyes||100%|
|One Hand and One Foot||100%|
|Either Hand or Foot and Sight of One Eye||100%|
|Either Hand or Foot||50%|
If you incur more than one loss stated in the above table as the result of one accident, only the largest amount shall be payable. The term “Principal Sum” means the amount stated on the ID Card. “Member” means hand, foot or eye. Only one amount, the largest to which you are entitled, is payable for all losses resulting from one accident.
Common Carrier Accidental Death
Benefits will be paid to you as per the Schedule of Benefits if you sustain an Accidental Death. Death must occur during the Period of Coverage while you are riding as a passenger (but not a pilot, operator or member of the crew) in or on a Common Carrier.
Upon enrollment, You are eligible to use any of the assistance services provided by the Assistance Services Provider. Additional information is contained in the plan summary.
- Open 24 hours/day, 365 days a year
- Multi-lingual personnel
- Physicians / Nurses on staff
- Locate local facilities
- Help with emergency situations
To view a full summary of benefits and exclusions, please view the policy certificate here.
Emergency Evacuation | Exclusions
For Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Mortal Remains, this insurance does not cover:
- Suicide or attempt thereof by the Insured Person while sane or self destruction or any attempt thereof by the Insured Person while insane;
- Injury sustained while the Insured Person is riding as a pilot, student pilot, operator or crew member, in or on, boarding or alighting, from any type of aircraft; as a passenger in any aircraft (a) not having a current and valid airworthy certificate and (b) not piloted by a person who holds a valid and current certificate of competency for piloting such aircraft;
- Declared or undeclared war or any act thereof; service in the military, naval or air service of any country;
- Flying in any aircraft being used for or in connection with acrobatic or stunt flying, racing or endurance tests; rocket-propelled aircraft; crop dusting or seeding or spraying, fire fighting, exploration, pipe or power line inspection, any form of hunting or herding, aerial photography, banner towing or any experimental purpose; engaged in any flight which requires a special permit or waiver from the authority having jurisdiction over civil aviation, even though granted.
- Benefits attributable to injury or illness during the first 30 days of coverage for persons who enroll in this plan while confined to a Hospital, a convalescent, nursing, or rest home or facility, or a home for the aged, a place mainly providing Custodial, Educational, or Rehabilitative Care, a hospice or a facility mainly used for the Treatment(s) of drug addicts or alcoholics at the time of enrollment. (Only applicable for Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains)
Baggage Delay / Baggage Delivery Exclusions:The following exclusions apply to Baggage Delay / Baggage Delivery. We will not provide benefits for any loss or damage to:
- automobiles and automobile equipment;
- boats or other vehicles or conveyances;
- trailers, motors, motorcycles, or aircraft;
- bicycles (except when checked as Baggage with a Common Carrier);
- eye glasses, sunglasses or contact lenses;
- artificial teeth and dental bridges;
- hearing aids;
- prosthetic limbs;
- keys, money, stamps, securities and documents;
- art objects and musical instruments;
- consumables including medicines, perfumes, cosmetics, and perishables;
- professional or occupational equipment or property, whether or not electronic Business Equipment;
- telephones, computer or software; or
- property illegally acquired, kept, stored or transported.
- wear and tear or gradual deterioration;
- insects or vermin;
- inherent vice or damage while the article is actually being worked upon or processed;
- confiscation or expropriation by order of any government;
- radioactive contamination;
- war or any act of war whether declared or not;
- property shipped as freight or shipped prior to the Scheduled Departure Date.
- delay or loss of market value;
- indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind;
- theft or pilferage while left unattended in any vehicle if the vehicle is not property secured;
- electrical current including electric arching that damages or destroys electrical devises or appliances;
- mysterious disappearance
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Exclusions:No Benefit shall be payable for Accidental Death and Dismemberment as the result of:
- Suicide or attempt thereof while sane or self-destruction or any attempt thereof while insane;
- Disease of any kind; Bacterial infections except pyogenic infection which shall occur through an accidental cut or wound;
- Hernia of any kind;
- Injury sustained while You are riding as a pilot, student pilot, operator or crew member, in or on, boarding or alighting from, any type of aircraft;
- Injury sustained while You are riding as a passenger in any aircraft (a) not having a current and valid Airworthy Certificate and (b) not piloted by a person who holds a valid and current certificate of competency for piloting such aircraft;
- Any consequence, whether directly or indirectly, proximately or remotely occasioned by, contributed to by, or traceable to, or arising in connection with:(a) war, invasion, act of foreign enemy hostilities, warlike operations (whether war be declared or not), or civil war; (b) mutiny, riot, strike, military or popular uprising insurrection, rebellion, revolution, military or usurped power. (c) any act of any person acting on behalf of or in connection with any organization with activities directed towards the overthrow by force of the Government de jure or defacto or to the influencing of it by terrorism or violence; (d) martial law or state of siege or any events or causes which determine the proclamation or maintenance of martial law or state of siege (hereinafter for the purposes of this Exclusion called the “Occurrences”). Any consequence happening or arising during the existence of abnormal conditions (whether physical or otherwise), whether directly or indirectly, proximately or remotely occasioned by, or contributed to by, traceable to, or arising in connection with, any of the said Occurrences shall be deemed to be consequences for which the Underwriter shall not be liable under this Policy except to the extent that the Insured Person shall prove that such consequence happened independently of the existence of such abnormal conditions;
- Service in the military, naval or air service of any country;
- Flying in any aircraft being used for or in connection with acrobatic or stunt flying, racing or endurance tests;
- Flying in any rocket-propelled aircraft;
- Flying in any aircraft being used for or in connection with crop dusting or seeding or spraying, fire fighting, exploration, pipe or power line inspection, any form of hunting or herding, aerial photography, banner towing or any experimental purpose;
- Flying in any aircraft which is engaged in any flight which requires a special permit or waiver from the authority having jurisdiction over civil aviation, even though granted;
- Sickness of any kind;
- Being under the influence of alcohol or having taken drugs or narcotics unless prescribed by a legally qualified Physician or surgeon;
- Injury occasioned or occurring while You are committing or attempting to commit a felony or to which a contributing cause was You being engaged in an illegal occupation;
- While riding or driving in any kind of competition;
- Pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage or abortion;
- This plan does not insure against loss or damage (including death or injury) and any associated cost or expense resulting directly from the discharge, explosion or use of any device, weapon or material employing or involving nuclear fission, nuclear fusion or radioactive force, or chemical, biological, radiological or similar agents, whether in time of peace or war, and regardless of who commits the act.
The Medical Evacuation and Repatriation plan is available for purchase for international students and scholars with a valid student visa who are temporarily residing outside of their Home Country and engaged in full-time educational activities, who are under age 50.However, there are specific location restrictions that apply when purchasing this plan.
- If you are a resident of Iran, Syria, Gambia, Ghana, Nigeria, and Sierra Leon, you are not eligible to purchase this plan. You can instead purchase our Travel Medical Insurance plan, which includes coverage for both Repatriation of Remains and Medical Evacuation.
- Individuals from Canada, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Australia, and Switzerland are eligible to purchase this plan, however, you are not able to purchase the plan if you are currently in your home country and cannot use your home country address. We would suggest you wait until you have arrived in the USA and use your address in the USA to apply for coverage.
- Those residing in Maryland, New York, South Dakota, Washington or Colorado are not able to purchase this plan. Please contact us for further details.
Please note a hard copy of the ID card for this plan will not be mailed out. You will instead receive an electronic copy of your ID card via email upon purchase.
Emergency Evacuation | Premiums
The Emergency Evacuation plan is available for either 3, 6 or 12 months:
|Plan Duration||Total Cost|
|3 Months||$65 Total|
|6 Months||$95 Total|
|12 Months||$175 Total|
How to Purchase Coverage
Coverage can be purchased online, with your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or Diners Club card. To start the process, please visit our online quoting tool to generate a free quote and then purchase coverage.
Once you have purchased online, you will receive confirmation instantly onscreen and your documents will also be emailed immediately to your email address on the application form. If you need further assistance with your documents, please contact us.
Coverage can be terminated, and a full refund permitted if we receive written confirmation (email, fax, or letter) prior to the effective date of the plan starting. Once coverage has started, no refund will be issued.
Coverage on the plan cannot be renewed, however if you need further coverage please simply purchase a new plan for the new dates you need coverage for.