Kansas State University - Medical Evacuation & Repatriation Plan
Kansas State University requires that all J visa holders have emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of remains coverage in order to meet the US Department of State health insurance requirements. If you already have health insurance coverage but need just a standalone medical evacuation and repatriation, you can purchase this plan right online and get instant confirmation. To remain compliant with your visa, please be sure to have coverage for the full duration of your time in the US.
Highlights of the Med Evac & Repat plan include:
- $250,000 Emergency Medical Evacuation
- $25,000 Repatriation of Remains
- $10,000 Political Evacuation
- International Assistance Services Included
- Online Instant Application
- Documents Provided Immediately
Need your documents now? If you need your insurance documents quickly, you can apply online for coverage and receive all your insurance documents online and to your email address in PDF format immediately. Simply download and print these documents for instant proof of coverage.
Emergency Evacuation | Benefits
|Emergency Medical Evacuation||$250,000|
|Repatriation of Mortal Remains||$25,000|
|International Assistance Services||Included|
All Coverages and Plan Costs listed in this Evidence of Benefits are in U.S. Dollar amounts.
Except as specifically indicated otherwise, all benefits are subject to Deductible and Coinsurance and are per Period of Coverage.
DESCRIPTION OF BENEFITS
Emergency Medical Evacuation
If you become sick or injured during the period of coverage and it has been determined that an Emergency Medical Evacuation is required to either the nearest medical facility, where appropriate medical treatment can be obtained, or to your Home Country, all eligible expenses incurred are covered up to the maximum stated in the Schedule of Benefits. An Emergency Medical Evacuation must be recommended by a legally licensed physician who certifies that the severity of the Injury or Sickness necessitates such Emergency Medical Evacuation, and agreed to by you or your representative.
Repatriation of Mortal Remains
If Injury or Sickness commencing during the Period of Coverage results in death, all reasonable expenses incurred for preparation and return of the remains to the Home Country are covered up to the maximum stated in the schedule of benefits.
If due to political or military events in a Host Country, a formal recommendation from the appropriate authorities is issued for the Insured to leave the Host Country or the Insured is expelled or declared persona non-grata by the Host Country, all reasonable expenses incurred for transportation to the nearest place of safety or for repatriation to the Insured's Home Country or country of residence are covered up to the maximum stated in the schedule of benefits. Evacuation must occur within ten (10) days of any such event. Coverage will apply to the most appropriate and economical means consistent under the circumstances with Your health & safety. Evacuation costs will be paid once per Insured per occurrence. In the event this benefit is needed, arrangements must be made by Seven Corners Assist.
The Political Evacuation Benefit will not pay, should the Insured not heed Travel Warnings or Travel Alerts issued by the State Department or the appropriate authorities recommending that travelers avoid a certain country.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In the event that the Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Mortal Remains, Political Evacuation benefit is needed, arrangements must be made by the Assistance Service Provider. Complete details about required notification of the Assistance Service Provider are contained in the Program Summary.
Upon enrollment, You are eligible to use any of the assistance services provided by the Assistance Services Provider. Additional information is contained in the plan summary.
- Open 24 hours/day, 365 days a year
- Multi-lingual personnel
- Physicians / Nurses on staff
- Locate local facilities
- Help with emergency situations
Emergency Evacuation | Exclusions
For Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Mortal Remains, this insurance does not cover:
- Suicide or attempt thereof by the Insured Person while sane or self destruction or any attempt thereof by the Insured Person while insane;
- Injury sustained while the Insured Person is riding as a pilot, student pilot, operator or crew member, in or on, boarding or alighting, from any type of aircraft; as a passenger in any aircraft (a) not having a current and valid airworthy certificate and (b) not piloted by a person who holds a valid and current certificate of competency for piloting such aircraft;
- Declared or undeclared war or any act thereof; service in the military, naval or air service of any country;
- Flying in any aircraft being used for or in connection with acrobatic or stunt flying, racing or endurance tests; rocket-propelled aircraft; crop dusting or seeding or spraying, fire fighting, exploration, pipe or power line inspection, any form of hunting or herding, aerial photography, banner towing or any experimental purpose; engaged in any flight which requires a special permit or waiver from the authority having jurisdiction over civil aviation, even though granted.
- Benefits attributable to injury or illness during the first 30 days of coverage for persons who enroll in this plan while confined to a Hospital, a convalescent, nursing, or rest home or facility, or a home for the aged, a place mainly providing Custodial, Educational, or Rehabilitative Care, a hospice or a facility mainly used for the Treatment(s) of drug addicts or alcoholics at the time of enrollment. (Only applicable for Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains)
The Medical Evacuation and Repatriation plan is available for purchase for international students and scholars traveling to the United States with a current visa (F, J, or M), while temporarily residing outside of their Home Country and engaged in full-time education activities in the USA, who are under age 50.However, there are specific location restrictions that apply when purchasing this plan.
- If you are a resident of Iran, Syria, Gambia, Ghana, Nigeria, and Sierra Leon, you are not eligible to purchase this plan. You can instead purchase our Travel Medical Insurance plan, which includes coverage for both Repatriation of Remains and Medical Evacuation.
- Individuals from Canada, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Australia, and Switzerland are eligible to purchase this plan, however, you are not able to purchase the plan if you are currently in your home country and cannot use your home country address. We would suggest you wait until you have arrived in the USA and use your address in the USA to apply for coverage.
- Those residing in Maryland, New York, South Dakota, Washington or Colorado are not able to purchase this plan. Please contact us for further details.
Please note a hard copy of the ID card for this plan will not be mailed out. You will instead receive an electronic copy of your ID card via email upon purchase.
Emergency Evacuation | Premiums
The Emergency Evacuation plan is available for either 3, 6 or 12 months:
|Plan Duration||Total Cost|
|3 Months||$80 Total|
|6 Months||$101 Total|
|12 Months||$178 Total|
How to Purchase Coverage
Coverage can be purchase online, with your Visa, MasterCard or American Express. To start the process, please visit our online quoting tool to generate a free quote and then purchase coverage.
Once you have purchased online, you will receive confirmation instantly onscreen and your documents will also be emailed immediately to your email address on the application form. If you need further assistance with your documents, please contact us.
Coverage can be terminated, and a full refund permitted if we receive written confirmation (email, fax or letter) prior to the effective date of the plan starting. Once coverage has started, the premium will be considered fully earned and no refunds will be permitted.
Coverage on the plan cannot be renewed, however if you need further coverage please simply purchase a new plan for the new dates you need coverage for.