Envisage International | Contact

F1 Student Visa Insurance

Students with an F1 visa are strongly encouraged to maintain adequate F1 visa insurance coverage while studying in the USA. There are no insurance requirements set forth by the US Department of State, however your university or college most likely requires you to purchase insurance for the full duration of your stay in the United States - and they may even require you to show a specific level of coverage. Depending on your school, you may need to:

  • Show your policy documents as proof of insurance, or
  • Submit a compliance form completed by the insurance company.

Either way, we are here to help you through the process to make sure you are properly covered and are able to seamlessly get those documents completed for your school.

School Insurance Requirements

Our school requirements database can help you determine what your school insurance requirements are so that you can find the appropriate health insurance plan that will both meet your needs and work for your school. Here's how:

  1. Locate the state in our database that your school is situated in,
  2. In the list of schools, select your school,
  3. We will then provide you with information on:
    • Which of our plans will work for your school,
    • Provide links directly to your university or college’s insurance information page and waiver form if your school requires one, and
    • Provide direct access to apply online

Insurance Plan Options

The most popular and applicable plan for students on an F1 visa is the Student Secure Health Insurance plan. This plan has been designed with the needs of international students, and is available in three levels so that you can choose the plan that works best for your needs and your wallet. This plan allows you to purchase 5 days up to 364 days of coverage, with the option to renew up to four years in total and pay in monthly installments.

The Atlas Travel Medical plan is another good option for those F1 students looking for dependent coverage or a short-term plan while in the US. Spouses and children can be enrolled on this policy with or without the student, and you’ll be able to get coverage for health and travel benefits. Before selecting this plan, it’s important to know what your school requires of your insurance plan and you can apply right online with immediate confirmation documents including your ID cards via email.

To learn about our F1 student insurance plans, choose the plan that best meets your needs:

Student Secure

The Student Secure offers monthly international student health insurance coverage with monthly payment options, and coverage available up to 4 years for F1 students:

  • Coverage - 5 days to 1 year
  • $200,000 to $300,000 max
  • As low as $25 deductible
  • Monthly payment options
  • Renewable for up to 4 years

More information | Apply Online

Atlas Travel

The Atlas plan provides students with travel health insurance coverage while studying in the USA and is a good solution for F1 students that do not need comprehensive benefits:

  • Coverage - 5 days to 1 year
  • $50,000 to $1,000,000 max
  • $0 to $2,500 deductible
  • Full payment required
  • Renewable up to 1 year max

More information | Apply Online

Get started with your F1 Visa knowledge with "What is an F1 Visa"