Charges for certain services, treatments and/or conditions, among others, are excluded from coverage under the plan.
Exclusions include but are not limited to:
- A Pre-existing Condition which is any injury, illness, sickness, disease, or other physical, medical, mental or
nervous condition, disorder or ailment that, with reasonable medical certainty, existed at the time of
application or at any time during the three years prior to the effective date of the insurance, including any
subsequent, chronic or recurring complications or consequences related thereto or arising therefrom, whether or
not previously manifested or known, diagnosed, treated, or disclosed.
- Treatment or surgeries which are elective, investigational, experimental or for research purposes.
- War, military action, terrorism, political insurrection, protest, or any act thereof. We will not pay for a
Political Evacuation if there is a travel advisory in effect on or within six (6) months prior to the insured
person’s date of arrival in the host country.
- Immunisations and routine physical exams.
- Treatment of Temporomandibular Joint or dental treatment, except as expressly provided for in the plan.
- Venereal disease, AIDS virus, AIDS related illness, ARC Syndrome, or AIDS, and the cost of testing for these
conditions, and charges for treatment or surgeries which are incurred by any Insured who was HIV+ at time of
enrolment into this insurance.
- Pregnancy, childbirth, birth control, artificial insemination, treatment for infertility or impotency,
sterilisation or reversal thereof, or abortion.
- Any illness or injury sustained while taking part in: Amateur Athletics, Professional Athletics, or other
athletic activity that is sponsored or sanctioned by any collegiate sanctioning or governing body, or the
International Olympic Committee. The following Adventure Sports are excluded unless the Adventure Sports Option
is purchased: abseiling, BMX, bobsledding, bungee jumping, canyoning, caving, hang gliding, heli-skiing, high
diving, hot air ballooning, inline skating (with proper use of helmet and pads), jet skiing, jungle zip lining,
kayaking, mountain biking, parachuting, paragliding, parascending, piloting a non-commercial aircraft,
rappelling, rock climbing or mountaineering (ropes and guides to 4500m above ground level), scuba diving (to
50m), skydiving, snowboarding, snowmobiling, spelunking, surfing, trekking, whitewater rafting (to Class V),
wildlife safaris, and windsurfing. All such activities must be carried out in strict accordance with the rules,
regulations and guidelines of the applicable Governing Body or Authority of each such activity. Injury sustained
while participating in contact sports of any kind, racing of any kind, any rodeo activity, BASE jumping,
kiteboarding, mountaineering or climbing or trekking above elevation 4500 meters above ground level or without
proper ropes or guides; luge, motocross, Moto-X, ski jumping, sub-aquatic activities below 50 meters, whitewater
rafting exceeding Class V difficulty; and/or adventure sports activity not expressly covered hereunder are
excluded regardless of which plan or option is selected.
- Vision or ear tests and the provision of visual or hearing aids.
- Vocational, recreational, speech or music therapy.
- Treatment while confined primarily to receive custodial care, educational or rehabilitative care, or nursing
- Charges, injuries and/or illnesses resulting or arising from or occurring during the commission of a violation
of law by the insured person, including, without limitation, the engaging in an illegal or malicious occupation
or act, but excluding minor traffic violations.
- Treatment for, and injuries and/or illnesses resulting or arising from, substance abuse or drug addiction.
- Injury and/or illness resulting or arising from being under the influence of alcohol or drugs; and injury or
illness resulting from operating any type of vehicle after consuming any alcohol or drugs.
- Willful self-inflicted injury or illness.
- Treatment required as a result of or arising from complications from a treatment or condition not covered under
- Any services or supplies performed or provided by a relative of the Insured or provided at no cost to Insured.
- Treatment for mental and nervous disorders.
- Organ or tissue transplants or related services.
- Illness or injury where the trip to the host country is undertaken for treatment or advice for such illness or
injury, except as expressly provided for in the Policy Wording.
- Treatment incurred as a result of or arising from exposure to nuclear radiation, and/or radioactive
- Travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner.
- Any infection of the urinary tract (or illness arising therefrom), that occurs within ninety (90) days of the
effective date of coverage and that requires treatment of the insured person in a hospital; provided that any
such illness will be deemed by us to be a Pre-existing Condition.
The exclusion list is just a summary of the most common
exclusions, for the full details please download the plan brochure or contact us for a copy of the plan